Our objectives with the PE & Sport Premium funding is to continue the delivery of high quality PE, high standards and aspirations for all our pupils against these 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in physical activity – kick starting healthy active lifestyles.
- Continuing professional development for all school staff to increase confidence, knowledge and skills.
- To increase the range of extra-curricular PE and Sport clubs with the aim of providing access for all.
- To support our non-swimmers with access to weekly swimming lessons.
- To engage vulnerable, low self-esteem pupils in regular physical activity.
Academic Year 2021 – 2022
PE Sports Premium Funding for the Academic Year 2021 – 2022 was £17,990
The impact the school has seen on pupil’s PE, physical activity and sport participation and attainment:
- Provided opportunities to learn about healthy relationships, eating, mindfulness and fitness.
- Raised the quality of outdoor learning by seeking community/ national funding to improve school sporting facilities and the effectiveness of outdoor learning areas.
- Developed our playtime and lunchtime sports activities – resulting in more active children.
- Continued to increase participation in competitive gymnastics.
- Increased confidence of staff to prepare pupils for competition.
- Raised profile of gymnastics in school, continued to increase confidence, knowledge and skills of staff members in teaching gymnastics and purchased 15 new gym mats to enable safe areas to practice gym sequences for competition.
- Continued to increase participation in sport.
- Raised the profile of cricket in school and increased confidence, knowledge and skills of staff members in teaching cricket.
- Profile of P.E and Sport raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased participation in competitive sport at lower key stage 2.
- Engagement of more pupils in regular physical activity.
- CPD delivered to all teaching staff to support the delivery of a new curriculum.
Victoria Academy PE Action Plan and Funding Impact 2022-2023
Victoria Academy PE Action Plan and Funding Impact 2021-2022