Our objective with the sports fund is to achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of P.E and sport against these 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of P.E and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching P.E and Sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
Academic Year 2019 – 2020
P.E Sports Premium Funding for the Academic Year 2019 – 2020 is £17,930
This year we intend to use the budget to:
- To engage vulnerable, low self-esteem pupils in regular physical activity
- To provide opportunities to learn about healthy relationships, eating, mindfulness and fitness.
- To raise the quality of outdoor learning by seeking community/ national funding to improve school sporting facilities and the effectiveness of outdoor learning areas.
- Develop our playtime and lunchtime sports activities – more active children.
- To continue to increase participation in competitive gymnastics
- To increase confidence of staff to prepare pupils for competition.
- Raise profile of gymnastics in school, continue to increase confidence, knowledge and skills of staff members in teaching gymnastics and to purchase 15 new gym mats to enable safe area to practice gym sequences for competition.
- To continue to increase participation.
- Raise the profile of cricket in school and increase confidence, knowledge and skills of staff members (including PE Apprentice) in teaching cricket
- Profile of P.E and Sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increase participation in competitive sport at lower key stage.
- Engage more pupils in regular physical activity
- Increase confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and Sports.
Below is a link to the PE Action Plan and Funding Impact for 2019-2021
Victoria Academy PE Action Plan and Funding Impact 2019-2021
Below is a link to the 2017-18 and 2018-19 year 6 class attainment in swimming:
Victoria Academy Year 6 Swimming Attainment 17 – 18
Victoria Academy Year 6 Swimming Attainment 18 – 19
Sainsbury’s School Games Mark
We have been awarded ‘The Sainsbury’s School Games Mark’. This accolade is awarded in recognition for our commitment to the school games, physical education and school sport. Congratulations to the pupils and staff for their dedication